12 TIPS FOR A SUCCESSFUL CAMPAIGN
Fundraising techniques aren’t one size fits all, so try to come up with the most effective approach for each different group of people in your life.
Here are a few tips:
1. Promote, promote, promote! Share our cause on social media, write an email and or just simply tell people. Typically successful campaigners posted on social media at least once a week for the month leading up to their campaign.
2. Let all of your networks know about your campaign! Include family, friends, faith groups, classmates, co-workers or your other communities! Make a list of all the different social groups you’re part of, both online and off: church groups, coworkers, classmates, etc. Sometimes support can come from unexpected places.
3. We can help you promote! Create a Facebook Event, change your profile picture, or create a short video on Youtube/Instagram.
4. Mention to your donors that their gifts to your cause can be matched by their employers and some of our supporters.
5. Contribute to your own campaign! Give up a cup of coffee, movie ticket, or a meal out. Challenge your donors to join you! Even if it's just a little, it will show how committed and excited you are about your campaign.
6. Don’t forget to take pictures/videos of your event to share with us and your supporters!
7. Make sure you know your audience. Who are the people you are reaching out to for donations and support? Send a personalized donation letter request to those who aren’t active on social media.
8. Make sure to ask everyone. You never know who might be interested and supporting orphaned and at risk children around the world.
9. Get some help from your friends. Ask friends if they are willing to share your campaign on their social media and/or reach out to their friends.
10. Keep donors updated on your progress. Its important for the donor to know if you’ve reached your goal because of their contribution.
11. Set a goal: Let everyone know what your fundraising goal is, and don’t be afraid to set a “stretch” goal. $5,000 may seem like a lot at first, but if you have 50 friends donate $100 to your campaign, you will hit your mark!
12. Lastly, Say Thank You to every donor no matter what amount. For a little goes a long way in the programs we serve.