HOST A FUNDRAISER
RUN AN ONLINE
HOST A RACE!
RAISE MONEY FOR YOUR BIRTHDAY
BECOME A STARFISH ADVOCATE
Spread the word about what we do to help children around the world. We have handouts, flyers, logos, and press kits to help you let others know about OSF. Share our cause with your school, work place, church, or community!
Come to our office! We meet every two months to share our ideas, accomplishments, and speak about what we can do to continue to advocate for the children we serve.
Next Meeting Date: Stay Tuned!
We are currently developed the volunteer abroad program and will keep you updated!
In the meantime, see the list of requiremnts needed in order to start the process.
*Fundraise funds for your trip.
HELP SPREAD THE WORD
Engage with us on social media, your blogs or website to help spread the word. Sharing our blog, posts or even a photo of one of the kids we serve.
Tell your school, workplace, friends, family, and more about us.
Click ‘like’, ‘share’ or ‘retweet,’ it might not seem like much, but if that one click leads to some of your friends telling their friends, who tell their friends, who tell their friend, pretty soon your small action will make a huge impact. It really makes a difference to us, and to children we serve around the world.
RUN AN ONLINE FUNDRAISER
We are dedicated to working with orphans, victims of abuse and at-risk youth. OSF’s mission is to foster lasting change in the lives of the children we serve by giving them the opportunity to develop vocational skills through computer technology and gain employment that will enable them to overcome the cycle of poverty and abuse.
You can help provide a quality education to the children we serve in Latin America, Africa, and the Caribbean by starting your own fundraising campaign. Whether you plan to hold a bake sale, garage sale or just grow a crazy beard, we’ll provide everything you need to make your campaign a success.
Use our Tips to help you get started on a successful Online Campaign!
HOST A RACE!
Love to Run? Run for a purpose! Run with friends and family or with people in your community. Gather a group of runners to help you fundraise funds for the children we serve around the world while getting yourself into shape. (please feel free to add more)
Use our Tips to help you get started on a successful Running Campaign!
RAISE MONEY FOR YOUR BIRTHDAY
Raise Money for Your Birthday!!! Donate your Birthday and change lives! Ask for donations instead of gifts!
Choose which specific program you want to dedicate your birthday to and the children from that program will sing you Happy Birthday and give you a heartfelt birthday card to show their appreciation.
Or ask for donations for your Engagement, Wedding, Retirement Party or any other occasion you can think of!
Ready to get started? Spread the word by asking friends and family to help you provide technology education for the children we serve in Latin America, Africa, and the Caribbean. Don’t know how to get started? We can help you! Use our Tips to help you get started on a successful Birthday Campaign!
REQUEST A SPEAKER
If your school, community, or workplace needs a representative from OSF to help you engage your supporters, please contact
Noriella Santos at to set a time and date.
Need more help! We will work with you. Feel free to contact us for more information. We are always here to help you help the children we serve around the world.
12 TIPS FOR A SUCCESSFUL CAMPAIGN
Fundraising techniques aren’t one size fits all, so try to come up with the most effective approach for each different group of people in your life.
Here are a few tips:
1. Promote, promote, promote! Share our cause on social media, write an email and or just simply tell people. Typically successful campaigners posted on social media at least once a week for the month leading up to their campaign.
2. Let all of your networks know about your campaign! Include family, friends, faith groups, classmates, co-workers or your other communities! Make a list of all the different social groups you’re part of, both online and off: church groups, coworkers, classmates, etc. Sometimes support can come from unexpected places.
3. We can help you promote! Create a Facebook Event, change your profile picture, or create a short video on Youtube/Instagram.
4. Mention to your donors that their gifts to your cause can be matched by their employers and some of our supporters.
5. Contribute to your own campaign! Give up a cup of coffee, movie ticket, or a meal out. Challenge your donors to join you! Even if it's just a little, it will show how committed and excited you are about your campaign.
6. Don’t forget to take pictures/videos of your event to share with us and your supporters!
7. Make sure you know your audience. Who are the people you are reaching out to for donations and support? Send a personalized donation letter request to those who aren’t active on social media.
8. Make sure to ask everyone. You never know who might be interested and supporting orphaned and at risk children around the world.
9. Get some help from your friends. Ask friends if they are willing to share your campaign on their social media and/or reach out to their friends.
10. Keep donors updated on your progress. Its important for the donor to know if you’ve reached your goal because of their contribution.
11. Set a goal: Let everyone know what your fundraising goal is, and don’t be afraid to set a “stretch” goal. $5,000 may seem like a lot at first, but if you have 50 friends donate $100 to your campaign, you will hit your mark!
12. Lastly, Say Thank You to every donor no matter what amount. For a little goes a long way in the programs we serve.